Saturday, April 25, 2009

Welcome to Lima Peru



            I tell you what, When I was just above Lima Peru in the plane I thought, “what the hell is this place! This is a dusty desert hell bucket!” I had pictured that Lima had some vegetation, but from the looks of it that was not the case at all! I am not fond of the desert… I like at least some green life. But….. oh well I am hear now at the airport and what ever is in store for me will be good!

            But before I tell you about the air port and a little bit about Lima, I will have to tell you what this man and lady said to us on the plane about Lima.  So there was this man next to me on the plane and we talked a little about where we were from and he talked a little bit about where he was from, you know small talk. Me and Frankie was looking at a book that we bought that described about the land, people, places to visit, Hostels, Hotels, and mostly sight seeing adventurous things to do.  So we asked the man next to me what areas of Lima was best for Hostels and he said South was better because it was touristy and the North was not so good. But what is good and bad? Some people are just chicken shit because it is a little more rough then other places in that town, so they don’t know how to act in those areas. I don’t know but I asked him about a certain area and he said it was ok but you have to watch out. To me that’s good info! Frankie and me do not know a jack in the wall about Lima and we want to know at least an idea about if we should camp in certain areas or not. So, I went to the bathroom and when I came out this Lady pulled on my shirt and sat me down next to her and she said do not listen to that man. She said, “Those place/s where that man said was ok is not ok at all!”  She also said that when we are just about to enter the exit area after the gates in the airport, there are going to be people that will bum rush you to take there taxi and rip you off. She said use your instinct and don’t take anything that comes in front of you. I was happy because she gave me real good advice! She seemed real sincere so we will see how good her advice is!

            She was right! Right when we exited the gates in the airport, a company rushed us to take there cab and they said they were going to call the hostel we wanted to book a reservation, so Frankie took the bait because they seemed so nice! We need to get money because we had to pay first and then get the ride. While we were looking for the right ATM that would take our card, I remembered that the lady on the plan said, “do not pay first and don’t trust companies that say you pay first because they will tell you have to pay again when you arrive at the destination.” I told Frankie what I just remembered and told Frankie that we were going to get ripped off. Mean while all kinds of people were asking us for us to take their taxi service, what a headache! So we got some Soles (the name of their currency) and we told the man working for the taxicab company to take off. So after tons of taxi bum rushes we met a man and for some reason we decided to take his order and follow him to his car for a ride to the hostel and gave us a better price then the other drivers.

            While we were driving the taxi driver told us that he knows a better, and cheaper hostel than the one we wanted to go to which was called the Flying Dog (I heard that it was a great place). We took up on his offer because he seemed as though he knew what he was talking about and we just wanted to take a shower and rest after the flight, so we didn’t fuss about anything.

            The hostel was a good experience and the people were very friendly which was niceJ Frankie and me walked around to get a feel of the new place we were at, and found a great gem store! They were so cheep! They had some badass gems! I bought a few gems for healing and their names are Azurite, Red Jasper, Fluorite, and Drusa de Dioplasa! The Drusa de Dioplasa is such a beautiful stone that is in a shape of an egg, blue and green like the Hawaiian ocean, and it has crystals on the inside! What eye watering gems they had! After that wonderful experience we went down the street where we came across this little restaurant to get some energy and found their food to be cheep! It was like 1-2 soles per sandwich! It is 3.00 to there 1.00 (sole.) It came out to be like .75 cents for a good sandwich!

            So that was fun and now it is a little late and I am very tiered because of the flight and it was just a long day and it is time to retire. Well, I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you like the chapters to come.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment