Sunday, April 19, 2009

Surfing in Hollywood




Since nothing really exciting happened on the train, I am not going to talk too much about it because I have so much to write and catch up on about the journey we are having in Peru. But I will mention that my mom is the one who bought our train ticket from Eugene Oregon to LA California! THANK YOU MOM! I am so glad we did have a train ride because I was so tired of hitch hiking, being wet, and I just wanted to relax and sit for a while! Thank Mom!
OH yea! We are now in LA and we are going to meet Maja a lady who is going to pick us up at a gas station, she’s going to host us for tonight, and bring us to the air port! WOW what service! How did we meet? Well let me tell you! We met her on a web site called Couchsurfing and if you would like to know about couch surfing, I have a link you can click on that’s on the right side of this post, check it out!
So here we are in the Hollywood district were Maja lives and I loved the area where she lives! She lives in a very cute area and it has a very cozy feeling to it, I know you would love it! It’s about 9pm and Maja is so nice to cook us a little snack! I am so ready to go to sleep, take a shower, and drink some relaxing teaJ MMMMmmm. So, just before bed Maja invites us to go to her Yoga class where she teaches it at 7am. Which means I had to wake up at about six and at that time I really didn’t think I could get you to do all that because I was beat as all hell! Well see.
Well, while me and Frankie is on the air mattress it decides to deflate on us in the middle of the night, so Frankie goes on the couch and I am so tiered I decided to stay on the thing and deal with it because to me it was better than sleeping on a chair when I was on the train, and I told my self “hell no! I am not waking up to do yoga at 6 in the morning!” So I think.
All of a sudden I here Frankie rattling around early in the morning getting ready to go to yoga, and I’m like shit should I go or shouldn’t I go, well I should get up and do this because I am in a stranger in this house and It’s respectful but dreadful for me to go. Oh well, I guess I can take a nap when I get back? Or not….
I’m back and alive! Yoga was a great thing after all and it woke me up! I love yoga but early in the morning can be hard to do anything, especially after a 20 hr train ride. Maja is a great yoga instructor! She helped us one by one when we were having troubles with our yoga pose, stretching, and relaxing. I’m glad I went!
Afterwards we went home and ate breakfast and while eating me and Frankie decided to clean Majas windows because A- they were dirty, and B- it is nice to return the favor to people who take you into there house to sleep and eat when you are a stranger. Maja was very excited because now she had a bit more tome to do her work at home stuff. Maja is a movie producer and she won some great prizes for producer contest or independent film shows! I really wanted to see some films but didn’t have time; maybe in the future I will get the pleasure to partake in watching some movies or documentaries she created!
So, we finished the windows, packed up our stuff to get ready to go to the air port, but the plane doesn’t take off till 2am and it is about 3pm now so we have a little time to have lunch and play around town. So the plan that Maja came up for us was for her to take us out for lunch and then drop us Venice Beach because Maja had some prior engagements with some friends. So the plan was for her to pick us up around 10:30 and then off to the beach. We picked Venice because it was semi close to the airport and close to where Maja was going to be. Hell yea I was very excited to go to Venice Beach because I have been wanting to go to that beach for a while now! It’s like everything that Portland Oregon has to offer as far as the weird and cool stuff goes, Venice contains all of that and then some, in one long strip!
The lunch we had was very good and surprisingly cheep! Let me tell you the strip was freakencool!! I just wished that we had more time at Venice Beach because we got there right when the sun was going down, but I’m not complaining because it was sweet! We came across a store that had so many hats and styles of hats! They said it was the biggest hat store in the U.S! Frankie flipped out because she loves hats and we were in the store for like an hour or more! There was a street parallel to Venice beach that we walked on and found a good Mexican restaurant that was not cheap but affordable. I was craving chi tea and found a spot that was open and decided to check it out, I about ran and laughed my self out of the building because they wanted like 6.00 for a 14oz.! Fuck that! I don’t need a chi tea that bad, even though I might not get a chance to have one in a year or so. OH well.
It’s time to head to the airport now! How exciting! We just have to be in the airport for like 3 hr but that’s fine I guess! Well, this is it for now, but I have tons of stories to tell you about Peru, the people, places, and what ever comes up!
Next stop Peru, Lima (capital of Peru)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so happy we are having this fun adventure together! There is no one else I would rather be on the road with. I Love You!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete