Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Camp Spot That Gave us a Frown but Turned it Upside Down in the End




I was so happy to find a camp spot in Florence and it seemed real cool because there was lots of grass in a certain spot that was in a shape of a bowl, and the rest of the park was for RV´s only. Me, Frankie, and a kind man who brought us to the spot looked at the camp map and saw a tent ledgend that pointed us to the grassy spot, so we thought it was cool. Right?
Well, when we started to pop up our tent it started to rain cats and dogs again! Shit! We put up the tent in 3 minutes flat/with a ghetto tarp that we just baught! The thing is is that I was going to bring the tent I baught in Portland, but it was way to heavy so Frankie decided to get a much lighter tent and it was a good idea, but to come to find out that the fly that covers the tent kind of sucked! So we baught a tarp that would do a better job. Cool!!
Any ways, we did a good job putting up the tent and finding a way to cover up the tent with the tarp too! By now we want a real meal, not snack type stuff, so we adventured off into the little town of Florence. We found a great meal and a wonderful place and I can´t remember what the name of the place was but it was good! I had a swiss mushroom burger with a salad, yum!

So now we get back to the camp spot and we see the tarp off due to the wind, but we thought that some one jacked our stuff at first and it was a little crazy. I am so tiered by now and just want to sleep so bad! Found my sleeping bag all wet! Shit! I just want to SLEEP! Luckly there was a laundry room at the camp spot! I know... weired! But any ways it was like 9:30pm and the laundry room closes at 10pm so I had Frankie look out after my stuff so I can prepare for bed and brush my teeth.
When I get back to the laundry room there was this little old lady talking to Frankie and right away Frankie said to the lady "repeat to Raysun what you told me." This lady said we had to move our tent in the dark and in the rain to a different spot because we can´t be there! What? I thought it was a joke because we all saw the tent ledgend on the map, right? This lady said NO! What? Frankie was pissed off I tell ya, almost burst into tears! So I faught the old lady and she said she would call the cops if we didn´t move our tent because that was for reserved tenters only, we would have to reserve a spot and that wouldn´t work because it had to be a group thing ( Five tents in a group.) I was like where the hell are we supposed to move the tent? She said "in a RV spot." Boy I was Pissed OFF! Trust me I argued and even told here that there was a fine line between customer service and doing your job " I hope you are happy with your self lady!" We were the only ones on this spot and it was like a small soccer field, not to mention that there was no bookings for that day or the next day! Frankie was so pissed she wanted to leave, but it was to late in the night to pack up our shit and find another spot. This lady wanted us to pay 24.00 for an RV spot! Do you know what this means? We took only a little tiny spot compared to what an RV would take up, and we didn´t use electricity and water that the RV gangsta campers got to get! Frankie is crying and I told here to go to the laundry room where it was warm and I will move the tent and all our goods!
We finnally went to bed and got some sleep, I was still pissed when I woke up. I got up and made hot food and hot tea, made me feel much better! I ran into some young guys who worked at the spot and they said what happened to hus was compleat bull shit! They were very nice and I felt even better because I got out all the political bull shit out of my system:)
We now are packing up our stuff and while doing so we ran into this old gentalman who lives in this real cool bus! he invited us inn for a bit, and I even took a picture of all of us in his unique bus ( I will put all the pictures I have in my blog very soon.) At the same time we were asked if we were hitch hiking by a very nice couple! They were going to Eugene and that is exactly where we need to go because that is where we will catch the train to LA! Hell yea! The sun came out and our frown turned upside down big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment